January 19, 2023
Aquatic Rescue for Hydrotherapy is a specifically designed and recognized course for physiotherapy students and the rehabilitation industry.
This West Coast Hydrotherapy Pool Perth aquatic safety training course teaches students how to identify potential aquatic accidents/emergencies and prevent them from occurring, while also developing the skills and knowledge needed to respond to emergencies without hesitation and to provide the appropriate emergency care.
Course Fee: $752 and includes up to eight (8) participants. Additional participants can be added for $94 per participant.
Course Duration: 3 hours
Delivery Mode: Face to Face
Location: This course is conducted at your own premises or if you prefer, we can arrange a nearby aquatic centre for you.
Minimum Age: 16 years
Certification: Aquatic Rescue for Hydrotherapy and Resuscitation Award (an optional separate CPR certificate may be required, see below)
Fee Includes: Instruction, and learning resources
Validity: This certificate is valid for 12 months.
Suitable for: Physiotherapy students and staff in the rehabilitation industry who may need to respond to emergencies without hesitation and provide the appropriate emergency care.
Hydrotherapy Training Courses Content Includes:
• 25m swim using recognisable stroke(s)
• Demonstrate effective Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
• Survival and Rescue Skills: Demonstrate a range of survival techniques and appropriate rescues for a range of different aquatic environments.
• Spinal Injuries: Basic management of a suspected spinal injury in shallow water.
• Rescue Initiative: Combine all the skills and knowledge on rescues and utilise it to rescue 2 drowning casualties under unknown conditions.
• Theory on aquatic environments, water safety, rescue techniques, resuscitation, and basic injuries.
If you require a Nationally Recognised CPR course certificate in Perth then please click here to be taken to the CPR course delivered by our sister company West Coast First Aid Training
On Enrollment: You will receive an email that confirms your enrollment. If the course includes an online component you will also receive your login information. Please contact our office if you have any questions.
Support services: A reasonable level of spoken and written English is required to complete this course. Reasonable adjustments can be made to certain aspects of the course without affecting the outcomes required. If you believe you require assistance with language, literacy.
• Reasonable level (AQF level 3) of spoken and written English (link to LLN assessment).
• Adequate level of physical fitness to enable completion of practical components of course.
• Participants must have a reasonable level of fitness and swimming ability to successfully complete the Hydrotherapy Courses Qualifications in Australia.