West Coast Water Safety is ready to provide the applicants to fill frontline Lifeguard Course in Perth, Ocean Lifeguard Training, and life-saving course positions across Western Australia. Suppose you have what it takes to face various dangers and assist in a variety of circumstances, including difficult rescues, and emergencies involving both adults and children. In that case, this is the course for you.
At West Coast Water Safety, we ensure the best and most enjoyable learning experience possible while at the park.
Qualifications and Minimum Requirements
For Lifeguard Course Perth, Lifeguard Training in WA, and Ocean Lifeguard Training course in Perth, WA our lifeguards must be 18 years old or older, and have great rescue skills to be a member of our industry-leading world-class organization:
- Demonstrate competency in all final rescue skill scenarios that are necessary.
- Pass the final written exams for Section 1- CPR/AED and First Aid for Skilled Rescuers and Section 2- Life guarding with a minimum score of 80 percent.
- Bronze Medallion/Certificate II in Public Safety for Surf Life Saving (Aquatic Rescue).
- A valid driver’s license is required to operate a motor vehicle (Provisional or higher).
Lifeguard Training Includes
West Coast Water Safety courses offer special skillful training for everyone enrolled.
- Provide First Aid – HLTAID011
- Provide Advanced Resuscitation Techniques (HLTAID015)
- Have PUAEME004A i.e. Provide Emergency Care for Suspected Injury (Spinal Management or equivalent)
- Obtain Basic Beach Management (Silver Medallion) viz. (includes components PUATAE002B, PUAOPE027A, BSBFLM312C)
- The fitness test for Lifeguard Course Perth, Lifeguard Training, WA consists of a 400-meter swim, an 800-meter run, a 400-meter rescue board paddle, and an 800-meter run on the beach – all in under 25 minutes.
- There’s also a 800-meter pool swim (in a pool no smaller than 25 meters long) in 14 minutes or less, as well as a surf scenario involving a rescue board and rescue tube.
A pioneer in lifeguarding services, The West Coast Water Safety– has always been committed to saving lives and providing proactive rescue training in the local community.