November 21, 2020
Aquatic Rescue for Hydrotherapy is a specifically designed and recognised course for physiotherapy students and the rehabilitation industry.
This course teaches students how to identify potential aquatic accidents/emergencies and prevent them from occurring, while also developing the skills and knowledge needed to respond to emergencies without hesitation and to provide the appropriate emergency care.
Course Fee $85 per participant (minimum of five (5) per course).
Course Duration: 3 hours
Delivery Mode: Face to Face
Location: This course is conducted at your own premises or if you prefer we can arrange a nearby aquatic center for you.
Minimum Age: 16 years
Certification: Aquatic Rescue for Hydrotherapy and Resuscitation Award
Fee Includes: Instruction, pool entry and learning resources
Suitable for: Physiotherapy students and staff in the rehabilitation industry who may need to respond to emergencies without hesitation and to provide the appropriate emergency care.
• Reasonable level (AQF level 3) of spoken and written English (link to LLN assessment).
• Adequate level of physical fitness to enable completion of practical components of course.
• Participants must have a reasonable level of fitness and swimming ability to successfully complete the course.
Course content includes:
• 25m swim using recognisable stroke(s)
• Demonstrate effective Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
• Survival and Rescue Skills: Demonstrate a range of survival techniques and appropriate rescues for a range of different aquatic environments.
• Spinal Injuries: Basic management of a suspected spinal injury in shallow water.
• Rescue Initiative: Combine all the skills and knowledge on rescues and utilise it to rescue 2 drowning casualties with unknown conditions.
• Theory on aquatic environments, water safety, rescue techniques, resuscitation and basic injuries.
Support services: A reasonable level of spoken and written English is required to complete this course. Reasonable adjustments can be made to certain aspects of the course without affecting the outcomes required. If you believe you require assistance with language, literacy.