January 19, 2023
Aquatic Rescue for Hydrotherapy is a specifically designed and recognized course for physiotherapy students and the rehabilitation industry.
This course teaches students how to identify potential aquatic accidents/emergencies and prevent them from occurring, while also developing the skills and knowledge needed to respond to emergencies without hesitation and to provide the appropriate emergency care.
Course Fee: $1,224 and includes up to eight (8) participants. Additional participants can be added for $153 per participant.*
*Plus pool entry & lane books if required.
Course Duration: 3 hours
Delivery Mode: Face to Face
Location: This course is conducted at your own premises, or if you prefer, we can arrange a nearby aquatic centre for you.
Minimum Age: 16 years
Certification: Aquatic Rescue for Hydrotherapy and Resuscitation Award (includes a separate nationally recognised CPR course in Perth HLTAID009 certificate)
The fee Includes Instruction and learning resources.
Validity: These certificates are valid for 12 months.
Suitable for: Physiotherapy students and staff in the rehabilitation industry who may need to respond to emergencies without hesitation and provide the appropriate emergency care.
Course content includes:
• 25m swim using recognisable stroke(s)
• Demonstrate effective Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
• Survival and Rescue Skills: Demonstrate a range of survival techniques and appropriate rescues for a range of different aquatic environments.
• Spinal Injuries: Basic management of a suspected spinal injury in shallow water.
• Rescue Initiative: Combine all the skills and knowledge on rescues and utilise it to rescue 2 drowning casualties under unknown conditions.
• Theory on aquatic environments, water safety, rescue techniques, resuscitation, and basic injuries.
A Nationally Recognised CPR certificate (HLTAID009) is included with this course.
On Enrollment: You will receive an email that confirms your enrollment. If the course includes an online component you will also receive your login information. Please contact our office if you have any questions.
Support services: A reasonable level of spoken and written English is required to complete this course. Reasonable adjustments can be made to certain aspects of the course without affecting the outcomes required. If you believe you require assistance with language, literacy.
• Reasonable level (AQF level 3) of spoken and written English (link to LLN assessment).
• Adequate level of physical fitness to enable completion of practical components of the course.
• Participants must have a reasonable level of fitness and swimming ability to successfully complete the courses.